Registration for the Cyprus Open Studios 2019 event in October opens on
Monday, 1 April
Artists and artisans, please visit our website:
and familiarise yourself with the process.
Click on the “Register here” button and select your option
GO FOR IT!
Here are some benefits of becoming a member of Cyprus Open Studios (COS)
- A website entry – a page of your own – on the site with up to 8 images of your work, directions and a map to find you (if you open your studio), your artist statement, as well as your detailed CV if you wish it to be included
- Publicity over all media, newspapers, magazines, radio and television, but above all else, extensive social media coverage!
- Being featured in the COS printed catalogue with 1 image, again on a page of your own – not only distributed locally, but also published on a global publishing platform … the entire year of your membership – and then archived indefinitely. Valuable beyond measure!
- Gaining recognition is critical to being or becoming a professional artist or artisan
- If you are already a professional artist or artisan, this gives you the opportunity to meet collectors, locally and abroad
- Signage to guide visitors to your open studio or workshop – and much more
- Networking opportunities with fellow members
- You gain EXTRA exposure to the art-loving and art-buying public
- You take 100% of the direct sales of your artwork at your open studio, as well as the proceeds of any commissions you gain.
- Be a part of the larger community and meet other artists from all over the island and abroad
- You have the opportunity to build your vein of gold: your mailing list!
- COS serves as an inspiration to create new work every year and to interact with a deeply admiring public – yes, they love it! Hundreds of open studio events worldwide are proof of that!
Cyprus Open Studios have negotiated with galleries in Limassol, Nicosia and Paphos to host Cyprus Open Galleries in 2019 – please click on “Register here” and select your option under the “Members Plan”. You stand a chance of being part of a curated exhibition in one of three well-respected galleries in Cyprus. The gallery fee is incredibly low for curated exhibitions!
Over and above this, we also assist artists – physically – to exhibit abroad. Five hopefuls applied for the Royal Academy of Arts Summer Show 2019, and whilst they were not accepted, they now go on (by special arrangement) to the Salon des Refuses exhibition, also in London. Marina Emphietzi works tirelessly to promote you and your work in London.
At the Salon des Refuses show in 2018 – see more on the OGA page on our website. Marina on the left, Aristi Hadjisavva on the right and Celia’s Potoudis MacPherson’s pot at centre stage
Please select YOUR option on the registration page under “Membership Plan” and we will provide you with the specific venues on offer. Another option is to register your interest in exhibiting abroad, also an option on the same page and under the same heading.
PLEASE NOTE that if you opt for exhibiting abroad, you will automatically become a “Member Only” of the Cyprus Open Studios (COS) website with all the benefits included; the usual fee is €35,00 but it will be yours for free.
Lastly, but certainly not least, the winner of the 2018 COS Prize Draw was presented with his prize. Mr. Peter Gehrer from Switzerland – a swallow between there and Cyprus – chose the free art lessons offered by Stephen Oliver Postgate and sponsored by Cyprus Open Studios. Stephen will give Peter his full attention in September when Peter returns to our beautiful island. Here are some happy faces in Stephen’s studio in Kamares Village, Tala, Paphos.
Peter Gehrer, Stephen Oliver Postgate, and Maria Etheridge in Stephen’s studio
Read more about this Prize Draw on our website, and also in our catalogue which is published every September. This year we offer TWO prizes – not a choice between them! That means the public will stand TWO chances to win. Isn’t that great?
What are you waiting for?
Go to www.cyprusopenstudios.com and let us help you grow!
Any questions? Please ask for our “How does it work?” booklet by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ED.: Maria Etheridge